This CPD session is designed to enable teachers and learning support to facilitate highly engaging and motivating lesson openings. The session is interactive, rooted in educational theory, and contains video/collaborative resources to encourage staff participation. Participants learn to:
- Understand the key features of meaningful engaged learning;
- Identify and analyse these features in video examples of lesson starters;
- Discuss/evaluate these concepts with regards to their own practices/settings;
- Design, plan, and implement their own engaging lesson starters, using the provided handy prompts and planning materials;
Provided in this pack is:
- Visually-engaging presentation with embedded videos.
- Engaging Starters checklist;
- Planning sheet for engaging starters;
NB: Internet connection needed for embedded videos. Bibliography/further reading on last slide.