Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
8.12 MB | approx 20 pages
This CPD session is designed to enable teachers and learning support to facilitate highly engaging and motivating lesson openings. The session is interactive, rooted in educational theory, and contains video/collaborative resources to encourage staff participation. Participants learn to:
- Understand the key features of meaningful engaged learning;
- Identify and analyse these features in video examples of lesson starters;
- Discuss/evaluate these concepts with regards to their own practices/settings;
- Design, plan, and implement their own engaging lesson starters, using the provided handy prompts and planning materials;
Provided in this pack is:
- Visually-engaging presentation with embedded videos.
- Engaging Starters checklist;
- Planning sheet for engaging starters;
NB: Internet connection needed for embedded videos. Bibliography/further reading on last slide.