Also included in
- This bundle is designed to enrich and support your Geometry unit. There is a strong focus on angles, polygons - with an emphasis on triangles and quadrilaterals, identifying parallel and perpendicular lines in polygons, identifying lines of symmetry. My hands-on activity has students fold a circle i$15.00$24.00Save $9.00
File has been updated to include a digital Google version. Students will need to print or trace a circle.
Students will engage in a powerful hands-on lesson to create, identify, and label key attributes of multiple polygons. In this lesson, students will be start will a circle and fold it into ten different polygons and a 3-d figure. This lesson can be used with students beginning in 3rd grade all the way through high school. For each polygon, you can gear the discussion to meet the needs of your students. I have used this lesson as an introduction to our geometry unit, to review terms taught in previous years, and as a review before testing. Students are always engaged in the creating of each new shape. I like to have students trace each polygon on their paper and write down key vocabulary.
This lesson is written to show you how I use it to address common core objectives in grades 3-5. Since my main focus is on identifying parallel and perpendicular lines, lines of symmetry, and types of angles, students label and identify those targets with each polygon. You can tailor the lesson to meet the needs of your students.
Be sure to follow me and check out my other sort and solve activities!
- Irregular - Regular Polygon Sort
- Parallel and Perpendicular Polygon Sort & Solve
- Triangles Sort & Solve
- Classifying Quadrilaterals Sort & Solve
- Quadrilateral Sort
- Addition & Subtraction Sort and Solve
- Multiplication & Division Sort
- Choose the Operation - Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
Other Decimal Sorts available in my store:
Polygon Quadrilaterals and Triangles Sort - Problem Solving - Rigor - Perfect for Math Stations - Collaborative Learning