Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.47 MB | 5 pages
DBQs are an excellent way to hit most of the Common Core standards in your class. If there is one activity that encapsulates the requirements of the Common Core - the DBQ is it!
Prompt: Where did the idea(s) for religious freedom come from and to what extent has the United States succeeded in establishing a society that fully protects religious liberty?
Here is a list of the documents:
1. An Essay concerning Toleration, John Locke (1632–1704)
2. Treatise on Toleration, Voltaire (1763)
3. Letter to the Virginia Baptists, Thomas Jefferson (1808)
4. First Amendment of U.S. Constitution (1791)
5. United States National Motto (“In God We Trust”) printed on the back of a one-dollar bill (Adopted in 1956).
6. Protestor at Ground Zero: "No 9/11 Mosque" rally
7. Bill of Rights Institute (Excerpt I)
This product goes perfectly with this DBQ Outline and rubric, which is included!