Also included in
- ELEMENTS OF DRAMA GRAB BAG! 20% OFF!! These SIX products are tailored for elementary and middle school students by an award winning drama teacher and director of thirty-eight years. Included in this bundle:1 play--perfect for the end of the semester before the winter holiday1 biography (Lin Manuel M$15.20$20.75Save $5.55
- DRAMA LESSONS GRAB BAG! 20% OFF!! These SIX products are tailored for elementary and middle school students by an award winning drama teacher and director of thirty-eight years. Included in this bundle:1 play, perfect for the winter/spring months (Large Cast)1 famous artist biography (Denzel Washing$22.40$28.50Save $6.10
- Perfect for the new teacher or those looking for unique and innovative resources. This bundle (265 pages) has everything you need to teach a drama class for a semester, quarter or month (depending upon how many times you see your students.) I created these lessons for my own classes and used them fo$63.00$76.50Save $13.50
- 20% OFF! Four of my most popular products! 126 pages! Here is EVERYTHING you need: a MONTH and a HALF'S worth of engaging, unique and creative learning lessons and units about drama. It is suitable for middle and high school drama or gifted classes. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++$33.20$41.50Save $8.30
- 10% OFF! Back to School can be a stressful but exciting time, especially for new teachers. Guess what? This bundle includes TEN drama/theater units, lessons, exercises and activities to start your school year with a "yay!" See, I got you. Time tested and created by an award winning drama teacher$51.75$58.00Save $6.25
- DISCOUNT 30%! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 48 products (NEARLY 1,500 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thirty$204.50$288.50Save $84.00
- BUNDLE Save 20%! Here are two units on storytelling--one is Kamishibai storytelling and the other is a beginning storytelling unit. Both units strengthen students listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. And...I've included a FREE Jigsaw Puzzle Story Exercise as a thank you. With a few t$8.00$9.50Save $1.50
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for an elementary vocal music teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE$41.60$48.00Save $6.40
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a middle school teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DEPEND$101.47$109.25Save $7.78
- BUNDLE!! 20% Off. Now you can find creative dramatic lessons for your students from a trusted, experienced source. These one or two-day lessons about tableau, chanting, movement, sound effects, storytelling, stage properties, set and costume design are the perfect blend of challenging and education$44.00$55.50Save $11.50
IMPROVED! This is an 8 day unit focused on storytelling using a Japanese form of storytelling called Kamishibai as its springboard. This unit is successful with third through seventh grade students and classes in language arts, reading, drama, world history, social studies and ESL.
This product was updated April 1, 2021.
In addition, a teacher could assign this unit to those students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
Broken into eight class periods, the unit can be halted intermittently if need be.
The product includes:
- What is Kamishibai storytelling (using its form as a model)
- The History of Kamishibai
- How to Analyze Illustrations Just Like Film Makers Do!
- Effective Storytelling Techniques
- Teacher's Script--What I say and How I say it!
- Materials List--Most You Will Have in Your Classroom All Ready
- Instructions How Create the Boards and the "Tricky Part"
- Storyboard Examples
- Tips and Advice
- Editable Storytelling Rubric
The best part? This storytelling style can be used with ANY story. Students are highly engaged and LOVE this unit!
Created and field-tested by an award-winning drama teacher of thirty-eight years, Kamishibai storytelling guarantees you and your students a rewarding experience.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would! Follow me
For more Dramamommaspeaks products go to:
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
Lin Manuel Miranda Biography
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
Sedna, an Inuit Tale
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Costume Designs with Fairy Tales
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.