This is an all-inclusive package to give you everything you need for a creative, open-ended, independent reading project. Students get the choice of what fictional novel to read and what project they would like to do to represent their book. Students will work on different worksheets as they read their books to collect details to complete their projects.
This package includes:
- 10 different project ideas
- Detailed descriptions for each project idea as well as a suggested steps for how to complete the project and a checklist for how it will be graded
- 8 different worksheets working on analyzing characters, setting, plot, conflict, theme and symbols to be completed while reading the novel
- Differentiated versions of the worksheets for lower grades or students who need more scaffolding
- ONE rubric that can be used to grade ALL projects
This project can take as long or short as you would like, but I gave students 5 weeks from start of the book to the end of the project.