Creative Picture Writing Prompts: EDITABLE End of Year June Writing Prompts
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Picture writing prompts are a greaty way to engage elementary or middle school students who are bored with writing. A great last minute download to save yoru time and sanity! 50 images included!
NO PREP and no printing required! These make an awesome last minute resource for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students.
THIS DOWNLOAD IS PART OF A MONEY-SAVING BUNDLE -
→ → → Save over 75% off with this WRITING PROMPTS BUNDLE ✅✨
This file is meant to be downloaded and then projected on an overhead for the class. It is only available in widescreen format, so please make sure that is appropriate for the device you are using before purchase.
**CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE TO LEARN MORE. **
WHAT YOU GET:
- 50 picture writing prompts in PDF format
- all of the picture writing prompts above with an EDITABLE option where you can write your own text in PowerPoint format
- all of the picture writing prompts above in an editable DIGITAL format where you can write your own text (compatible with Google Slides)
- Four response cards for students (in case you want a printable option) in PDF or digital format
You also get two options of all 50 pictures with "Your text here." One is a PowerPoint file and the other is a digital file so you can edit to better fit your classroom or homeschool needs. Simply delete the text and verbally give instructions type in your own writing prompts.
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Writing centers, stations, or rotations
- On days when you are short on time for a writing lesson
- On days where students have lost focus and you still want to squeeze some writing in
- When you want to take a break from a larger writing project, but need something engaging to fill the time
- In the special education classroom where too many words or images can overwhelm
- These also could work for Virtual Learning, eLearning, Distant Learning (or Distance Education), e-learning, Online Learning, or Remote Learning situations.
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- This is my most used TPT purchase so far. I use it daily. Thank you. The kids love creating stories to match the pictures and prompts. Even my reluctant writers participate.
- Loved the variety!
- I can see their creative wheels spinning. Thank you!
- Such a variety of culture and ideas to write about. Great addition to my writing center!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY
- My "Caption This!" Picture Writing Prompts
- My Year Round Picture Writing Prompts BUNDLE (summer, fall, winter, & spring included!)
- All my Language Arts resources for 3rd-5th grade students
These 50 picture writing prompts are meant to be a fun way to engage students in the writing process. You get 50 different picture writing prompts to choose from, each asking one of four prompts:
- If..., what...
- Tell a story about...
- Tell the story of what happens next...
You also get an EDITABLE PowerPoint file so you can type out your own text. This gives you even more options with the 50 prompts included, meaning you could potentially use them multiple times to focus on different types of writing.
These work great for writing centers, on days where your writing time is cut short (late starts and early releases, anyone?), when students have lost their focus, or when you want to take a break from a bigger writing project. They can also be used in a special education classroom where you want to keep the writing simple and not overwhelming.
In my classroom I used our Interactive Writing Notebooks for students to record their responses. But I have also included three printable options for your needs. The three half sheets are the same, but the line spacing is different. There is also a full size response sheet.
There are not any rubrics included in this download. I would sometimes grade on completion, sometimes focus on a specific skill or goal (vocabulary or punctuation), and othertimes skip the grading. (Because I was laughing too hard at the student responses! Those days I called it a community building.)
Give these a try with your second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, or eighth grade classroom or homeschool students. You're sure to bring some fun into the day!
Love what you see? CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW MY STORE! You'll get notifications of new downloads, FREE resources, sales, and more!
Thanks for looking!