This is a a great activity for back to school writing, creative writing, or descriptive writing! Students create their own unique monster and describe its physical appearance, personality, special skills, location, friends, and enemies. Even your reluctant writers will be engaged and excited with this writing project!
GOOGLE CLASSROOM/DIGITAL VERSION AND PRINTABLE VERSION AVAILABLE!
* Part 1: Create Your Monster! Students will look at monster examples, choose descriptive language, and create their own unique monster.
* Part 2: Pre-Writing: Students will brainstorm different characteristics of their monster including personality, special skills, and location.
* Part 3: Rough Draft: Students will use the graphic organizers to write an introduction, four paragraphs, and a conclusion. You can scaffold this as needed for your students by varying the length of the sections from 1 or 2 sentences up to 5 or 6.
* Part 4: Students will use the final draft papers to publish their piece.
* Part 5: Students will give and receive peer feedback using the anchor chart provided. * TWO options of rubrics for grading