Also included in
- Everything you need to make lesson planning a snap this month! Spend more time teaching and less time planning with 7 different resources designed to take work off your plate at the start of the year. Bell ringers, writing, reading, research, and a scavenger hunt activity. Four weeks of plans.Boom!$29.99$37.96Save $7.97
PRINT & DIGITAL - Your students will love writing scary stories with this fun, step-by-step writing project. Guide them through setting up the plot, characters, setting, and theme. The end result is a creative writing project!
Both print and digital versions make this so easy for any classroom setting!
Google & PowerPoint Slides!
This resource includes:
- defining elements of a scary story
- elements of a story & suggestions for using the notebook
- alphaboxes for gathering ideas
- prewriting notes pages
- choosing the setting
- establishing the mood
- elements of the plot
- inciting incident prompt
- conflict idea generator
- identifying the problem the story will address
- Freytag plot diagram
- character profile graphic organizers – protagonist, antagonist, additional characters
- theme notes and graphic organizer
- adding dialogue help – punctuation reminders & practice
- writing checklist
- blank notebook “pages” for students to use for their stories
- rubric (in teacher resource)
Reasons to love this lesson:
- ready to use! Share the link with your students or print up the workbook, and they are ready to go!
- you can use each page as a mini lesson – or students can work independently
- tap into your students’ love of writing stories – especially scary ones!
- creative outlet for students
- perfect for differentiation and scaffolding
- helps students “control” their stories by asking them to dig into prewriting
- great for literacy centers & writing workshop
- fun Halloween activity!
Be sure to check out the preview!
This resource works well with:
Looking for more digital writing activities? This big bundle has seven to keep your students writing all year long!
I’d love to have you follow my store! Click on the green star to get the latest freebies, sales, and products.
I can't wait to hear from you! I read and respond to all feedback – please let me know how you use this resource & earn TPT credits at the same time!