This is SUCH a fun creative writing game for your kids!
Students spin a game board for all 7 story elements (or just a few if they choose) and use the topic for each as part of their writing piece. Some stories end up pretty silly, making this all the more fun!!
The seven story elements covered are:
1. Main character
2. Minor character
5. Story event
6. Story theme
7. Story mood
Not only is this creative writing activity fun, it's also extremely helpful to young writers because:
1. It gives them ideas for writing that they would never think of on their own.
2. It reminds students about the main ingredients in a fiction story.
3. It allows students to use their imaginations with writing.
4. It takes away the problem of getting stuck with something to write about.
5. It’s fun and lighthearted, so there is not a huge pressure to put together a perfect writing masterpiece.
6. It’s great for practice writing and building writing stamina!
Have fun with your students and enjoy the creative writing stories!!
Copyright © 2017 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.