Teach students the joy of creative writing. This bundle for 8th and 9th grades includes the following at 20% discount off the price of purchasing each resource separately.
Each passage is accompanied by an original sample or a retelling of an ancient tale.
1) Writing a Myth: ten vocabulary words with practice assignment and quiz; ten reading comprehension questions with key; elements of a myth; parts of a plot; protagonist/antagonist; theme/motifs
2) Writing a Parable: eight vocabulary words with practice assignment and quiz; elements of a parable; protagonist/antagonist; symbolism; static/dynamic characters
3) Writing a Narrative: central idea; symbolism; inference; prewriting; parts of a narrative (exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution); elements of a narrative (setting, atmosphere, characters)
4. Writing an Autumn Vignette: transitions; tone/mood; word choice; formatting a vignette; reflection questions
5. Writing a Winter Vignette: literary devices (anaphora/allusion); formatting a vignette; sensory images; word choice; tone/mood; reflection questions
6. Bonus: Reflections on Classical Quotations (Journal writing with twenty quotations and guidelines)