This zip file contains the following:
1. A general overview of the movie critique project. These instructions may easily be modified to accommodate reviews for various media forms (e.g., television). This is a Word document.
2. Sample critiques for class scrutiny. These reviews will spur good conversation pertaining to author's voice, word choice, substantiation/supporting evidence, and more. This, too, is a Word document.
3. A handout for students to complete after they have watched their film. This handout serves as a good prewriting document. This, too, is a Word document.
4. A detailed, but concise evaluative rubric aligned to 6 Traits principles. The emphasis on evaluation is voice, but this Word document may easily be revised to accommodate your class.
5. A PowerPoint of common movie review terminology. Terms include the following:
- Editorial rights
- Ratings system
- Critical bias