Also included in
- Take the stress out of planning a Creative Writing class with this complete, 9-week elective course bundle! This Complete Creative Writing Class Bundle includes everything you need to teach creative writing skills, poetry analysis, and engage students in a variety of writing!In this engaging 9-week$74.58$93.23Save $18.65
Do you need an imaginative, fun, but scaffolded project for creative writing students? Want to teach point-of-view and other story elements without spending days helping students get over their writers' blocks?
For this fairy tale rewrite project, students will learn the various aspects of point-of-view before applying a new one to a well-known children's story by rewriting a tale from the villain's perspective.
With the included PowerPoint slideshow, teachers can introduce this project with a free write and by teaching the literary term "point-of-view". Then, students will use the included outlining sheet to brainstorm their villain's version of events in an original tale. Once students have rough drafts, they will use the included peer-editing sheet to help one another create their best work.
- PowerPoint slideshow (NON-EDITABLE)
- Assignment Overview (EDITABLE Word doc and NON-EDITABLE pdf)
- Rubric (EDITABLE Word doc and NON-EDITABLE pdf)
- Planning Sheet (with example) (NON-EDITABLE)
- Peer-editing sheet (NON-EDITABLE)
- Suggested Lesson Plans for introducing the project and completing peer-editing
Prior to class, teachers would need to find a mentor text of a rewritten fairy tale to read in class (suggestions with links made in lesson plan).
This fairy tale retelling project makes for a perfect summative assessment, enrichment project, or supplement to a folktale or short story unit.
The whole resource is visible in the preview, so check it out to see if this resource is right for you and your students!
- Figurative Language Bundle
- Poem of the Week Warm-Up Activities Bundle
- Author Study Project
- Creative Writing Mini Lessons & Workshops Bundle
***This resource contains NON-EDITABLE PDF files within a zip folder. Please be sure you have the appropriate software for unzipping a zip folder before purchase (if you have any issues, Teachers Pay Teachers has great tech support and a FAQ page). Before purchasing, please review the preview for each corresponding resource to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, are included in the preview.