Creative Writing Prompts - Daily Writing Journal Prompts, Digital Choice Board
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- This creative writing unit for high school includes 150 pages’ worth of narrative writing prompts, descriptive writing lessons, grammar worksheets for punctuating dialogue, and more! Suitable for online learning with digital activities for Google Classroom®.⚡️⚡️⚡️ Save over 30% with the bundled discounPrice $18.50Original Price $27.65Save $9.15
- Looking for middle school mini lessons, worksheets, handouts, and activities to teach literacy in the secondary English Language Arts classroom? This MASSIVE bundle includes reading, writing, speaking and listening activities for over 29 weeks of daily lessons, activities and literacy tasks!⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVEPrice $120.00Original Price $200.35Save $80.35
Includes 3 weeks' worth of creative writing prompts to use for daily writing journal prompts, narrative writing story starters, and other writing activities! Suitable for online learning with a digital choice board formatted for Google Classroom®.
Included with these Creative Writing Prompts for Middle School and High School:
✏️ 15 Creative Writing Prompts for Student Choice - Digital & Print
- Students can select a prompt from a list of creative and engaging topics
- Provided in digital format using a Digital Choice Board for Google Slides®
✏️ Narrative Writing Prompts for Daily Journal Writing
- Formatted as a daily writing journal workbook
✏️ Teacher Instructions for using this resource
How to use these Creative Writing Prompts and Daily Writing Journal Prompts:
This resource includes 15 creative writing prompts that are suitable for middle school and high school students. These prompts engage with diverse interests and skill sets, and feature topics such as sports, fame, space exploration, nature, and art.
Students will be inspired to take the perspective of a geologist, historian, artist, and athlete, and will also imagine themselves exploring a variety of situations and aspirations.
This resource includes 3 weeks' worth of daily writing prompts formatted as a daily writing journal as well as in list form to utilize student choice. You may wish to assign a new writing prompt each day or assign all of the worksheets for students to use as a self-paced creative writing journal.
To support diverse learners in your classroom, these worksheets have been formatted using Lexend Deca font to aid in reading proficiency. Keywords within these prompts have been underlined, offering an opportunity to explore vocabulary and familiarize with grammar and mechanics for English Language Learners.
For each activity, you can allot a time limit to encourage the free flow of ideas; you can stress to students that their writing doesn't need to be "perfect" or even grammatically correct - these activities can be left as-is or edited for future use in a writing portfolio.
⭒ For classrooms utilizing Google Classroom® ⭒
To access the Digital Choice Board with these writing prompts, simply follow the instructions within the resource to copy the files directly to your Google Drive®.
“The students really enjoyed the interactive nature of the slides/making a choice. I really liked the variety of creative writing prompts. This resource was very well put together. I am beyond satisfied with my purchase!” - Dianne E.
“My students really enjoyed the variety of choices in this resource! Great story starters.” - Megan M.
✨ Kindly note that due to copyright restrictions, this resource is not editable. This is a common practice within the TPT marketplace in order to protect the clip artists and software providers that have authorized their intellectual property for the development of this resource.
This resource is also included in Mondays Made Easy’s 3-Week Creative Writing Unit. This bundle teaches students how to establish setting, develop dialogue, integrate quotations, and overcome writer’s block with over 50 writing prompts and various lessons and activities! To preview this bundle, click here.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy’s Writing Strategies.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on November 11, 2021.