Use this doodled discussion based PowerPoint to walk your students through different story formats.
- The importance of beginnings
- 4 different types of beginnings
- What types of beginnings are used in popular films
- Examples of good beginnings
- Complete a discussion that allows students to pick the the ideal beginnings of a story off a 'Spiderman' timeline.
- 5 different types of endings
- How these endings are used in films
- What does the reader expect? How do you deliver?
This is PART 4 of a series in progress.
Check out PART 1 of this series
To learn about "Showing, not telling"
Check out PART 2 of this series
To learn about "Character development"
Check out PART 4 of this series
To learn about "Beginnings and Endings"
Check out PART 5 of this series
To learn about "Plot and story structure"