Also included in
- Need some skill-based mini lessons and writing workshops for your creative writing class or unit? These mini lessons are intended to teach secondary or high school students essential creative writing skills. Each mini lesson includes a PowerPoint presentation that covers a topic or skill and a follo$15.98$19.98Save $4.00
- Take the stress out of planning a high school Creative Writing class with this complete, 9-week elective course curriculum bundle! This Complete Creative Writing Class Bundle includes everything you need to teach creative writing skills, poetry analysis, and engage students in a variety of writing a$74.58$93.38Save $18.80
Teach your students how to craft and punctuate strong dialogue with this mini-lesson and writing workshop! Equipped with everything you need to teach hard and soft skills around writing dialogue, this lesson is a must-have when you're teaching narrative writing!
With the slideshow, students will learn why dialogue is effective in narrative writing, what makes for strong dialogue, and how to properly format and punctuate dialogue. Then, they will practice the mechanics of punctuation with a worksheet before a hands-on writing activity.
In the activity, students will receive three random strips of paper from you (two characters, their conversation topic, and what they're doing while talking) and must craft dialogue for the scene.
- Suggested lesson plan
- 30 topic strips for the writing activity
- Dialogue worksheet (punctuation focused)
- Dialogue Practice worksheet (crafting dialogue focused)
- Dialogue PowerPoint slideshow
- Answer Key for the dialogue worksheet
The whole resource (minus suggested answers) is visible in the preview, so check it out to see if this resource is right for you and your students!
- Creative Writing Workshop: Literary Voice Mini Lesson
- Creative Writing Workshop: Precise and Concise Language Mini Lesson
- Creative Writing Workshop: "Show. Don't Tell" Mini Lesson
- Creative Writing Workshop: Mood Mini Lesson
- Creative Writing Workshop: Tone Mini Lesson
- Tone and Mood Word Student Handout FREEBIE
- Figurative Language Teaching Bundle
- Fairy Tale Rewrite Creative Writing Project
***This resource contains NON-EDITABLE PDF files and PowerPoint files within a zip folder. Please be sure you have the appropriate software for unzipping a zip folder before purchase (if you have any issues, Teachers Pay Teachers has great tech support and a FAQ page). Before purchasing, please review the preview for each corresponding resource to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, are included in the preview.