This writing assignment is useful for:
- Introducing creative/fiction writing
- To identify highly creative students
- Giving reluctant writers a starting point
- Brainstorming for a creative/fiction writing assignment
- To leave for a substitute
- When you had meetings all during your planning period and you have no idea what you are going to do that day (it happens to everyone)
Directions: Use your CREATIVITY to turn these shapes into a picture, the picture can be ANYTHING. Add lots of detail and take your time to produce a neat drawing. After you have completed your drawing, turn your picture into a short narrative. The story should relate to the picture and can also be as CREATIVE as you would like. Complete the same task with different shapes on the back.