Also included in
- 90+ lessons to teach SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) skills. Perfect for BACK TO SCHOOL activities: Fun, high-interest, important learning skills to kick start a year of learning! Empower students to deal with obstacles, systemic racism, global pandemics, and academic challenges! Want to see what yo$67.25$132.50Save $65.25
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ 23 people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far! When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! TEACHER FEEDBACK about the EVERYTHING$134.75$269.50Save $134.75
FUN Back to School activity to help students think about problem-solving in a new way!
14 lessons to help students solve problems and be more creative in
- academic obstacles,
- business challenges,
- relationship woes,
- and the arts.
CREATIVITY and INNOVATION are about connecting IDEAS and LIFE EXPERIENCES to create new solutions.
Want to see exactly what you get before you buy this bundle?
- Watch the BUNDLE PREVIEW VIDEO.
- Look at the BUNDLE PREVIEW PDF.
(It is a watermarked version of the entire PDF resource.)
Want to see what the handouts and lesson plans look like?
Use this life-long tool over and over again!
- Use it again during Back to School activities with your new class to set the tone for a year of learning!
- Teach important lessons if you ever need to fill a period.
- Use this before assigning open-ended school projects to give students a framework to think of new ideas.
- Leave the detailed lesson plans for a substitute teacher to use.
⭐ The best time to plant a tree was 25 years ago. The second best time is now.
It's not just for the arts, business, or creative writing. We need to be creative to solve everyday problems.
- Hello Covid-19!
- Hello systemic racism!
- Hello dealing with bullies at school!
- (And, for teachers, hello work-life balance!)
Teach your students HOW to come up with their own ideas using a GROWTH MINDSET instead of just copying the teacher's example...
September and January are great times to teach these lessons because students are open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
But, whether it's the start of the school year, the New Year, or any other time, learning that creativity and innovations are skills that we can develop will be a difficult paradigm shift for most people.
This package is ready for Distance Learning and Google Classroom!
- Show students HOW to be more innovative and creative.
- Explain HOW we can judge and mark creativity.
- This package is especially useful if you need to teach or evaluate creativity as part of your learning skills / 21st Century Global Competencies.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ TEACHER FEEDBACK ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- "I work at a partial hospitalization program. I am responsible for doing the rehab groups. I like how the product is structured and easy to use."
(⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Extremely satisfied - Glenda C. July 20, 2021)
Here are 2 weeks of lessons to do with your class to help students recognize that creativity is a learnable skill and we can all become more creative.
Creativity is MORE than just being artsy! Creativity is a process that can be taught, and creativity can be assessed.
Why does every teacher need to embed creativity into their classroom? It's more than just about students coming up with their own ideas when doing class assignments.
By explicitly talking about creativity as a learnable skill and encouraging students to be more creative in our subject, we're helping students building a transferable 21st century skill that can be used anywhere.
We need creativity to solve LIFE problems:
- As a business owner, how do you re-invent your business to pivot and thrive in Covid-19?
- As a citizen, how do we change systems that have racism embedded in them?
- As a person, how do I adapt my life to deal with unexpected obstacles?
- As an employee, how can I get my boss to notice my great work (to consider me for promotions, or to see that I'm too valuable to let go when downsizing.)
- As a student, how do I deal with that bully in the hallway?
- As a teacher, how do I adapt my lessons? I didn't sign up for this global pandemic craziness!
CHAPTER BIG IDEA:
- Creativity is a learnable skill.
- Anyone can be more creative by applying hard work and strategies.
- Creativity is the process of having original ideas that have value.
- We use life experiences and connect them in different ways to come up with new ideas.
..... Hey, this is cool - check it out! ⭐ BACK to SCHOOL lessons to kick start a year of learning!
- Try this SURVEY so your students can see what kind of mindset they have.
- Do these FUN CLASSROOM DEBATES - does EQUAL mean FAIR?
- Watch these VIDEOS and figure out if teamwork is the same as collaboration. (Spoiler: not always.)
- Play these COMMUNICATION GAMES to notice how communication breaks down.
- Try the DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT challenge and see what happens!
- This one is MY FAVORITE. Students have a lot of fun with the group activity in Section A. The viral video in Section D is shocking... but are we really surprised at this point?
My name is Michael Fuchigami. I'm the teacher behind Educircles.
- I want to help you SAVE HOURS of PREP.
- Sign up for the Educircles Newsletter to stay in the loop!
- TpT support has clarified that we are not allowed to include contest information in our product descriptions or anywhere else on their platform. More info.
⭐⭐⭐ Teachers around the world have DOWNLOADED over 60,001 Educircles resources!
- Check out where teachers have bought my resources (map.)
- THANK YOU to everyone who has purchased an Educircles product.
- 10% of your purchase helps students going through a tough time.
- With your help, Educircles has DONATED $9,344.68 to STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH organizations!
- Here's why I do what I do.
✅ SOCIAL and EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) in a world of Covid, Systemic Racism, and Constant Change...
- Teach students how to PIVOT when faced with obstacles and opportunities.
- BUILD character: develop resilience during uncertain times.
- EMPOWER classroom citizenship: actively participate in our school, local and global community to make the world a better place.
- THINK critically instead of reacting to fear, viral videos, or fake news.
- EVALUATE systemic discrimination in a real-world case study: how might a system impose unfair burdens on a group of people?
- Help students with SELF AWARENESS and SOCIAL AWARENESS. Start by asking your students Who is Invisible...
✅ SAVE HOURS OF PREP (and money) with a bundle!
- Reading Strategies bundle
- Goal Setting bundle
- The Educircles EVERYTHING bundle (Psst, the price goes up as I add more resources to my store.)
⭐ Why am I so passionate about 6Cs and Social-Emotional Learning? Because SEL helped save my life.
SINGLE PDF update - v2022-08-01
This product has been simplified into a Single PDF to print.
The PDF has all of the handouts, and a "FILE Table of Contents" with one-click links to get individual files.
I added a digital learning version (Easel by TpT)
I added Microsoft versions for all files
Files are now packaged by section (A. Creative Words, B. Twelve, C. Do Something Different, D/E Video + Consolidation) instead of splitting Google Drive folders by use (i.e. Print and Teach, Edit the documents, Google Classroom, etc.)
For a complete list of changes, please see the changelog at the end of the Single PDF.
If you have any questions, please ask in the Question section or email me at Mike@educircles.org