Get your students up and moving with this fun QR Code Scavenger Hunt! This activity is perfect teaching about credit. This file includes 15 QR Codes that when scanned link to a plain text clue. When students scan the QR code they will be given a clue about a source of consumer credit or scenario about a credit score. They will then identify the correct answer (found on another clue). This activity is a great way to practice credit terminology and get students thinking and collaborating. Students can work individually or in small groups based on your discretion.
Credit terms included in this activity: Credit Score, Co-signer, Revolving, Installment, Payday Loan, Student Loan, Personal Loan, Secured Loan, Title Loan. Other concepts include: credit scenarios and credit score ranges.
Included in the PDF:
-Instructions (see below)
-Clue and Answer List
-Student Answer Reporting Sheet and 3 Reflection Questions
-Student Answer Reporting Sheet and Reflection Questions Key
-15 QR Codes with Clues and Answers
SAVE $$$ by purchasing this product as part of the Personal Finance Activity Bundle
1)Print 1 class set of the following slides and an answer recording sheet for each student.
2) Cut each slide in half so there is one QR code per sheet of paper. Laminate for re-use.
3) Mix up the cards so that they are NOT in the same order you printed them. Hang the QR codes around the classroom, a hallway, or the school. Allow more time for a larger area.
4) Decide if you would like students to complete the activity individually, with a partner, or a small group. Assign partner(s) if desired.
5) Ensure students have access to a QR code reader on a device. There are several free apps that make this easy or they can use the camera of a phone, tablet, or laptop.
6) Instruct students that they can start at any QR code. They will scan the code to read the clue. They will then look around the room, hallway, or school to find the answer to the clue on another card. Be sure to tell students that the answer on the card should match the previous clue and it is not the answer to the clue on the same card. Students will move around the room, hallway, or school, recording each answer on the recording sheet.
7) Students should record the correct answer for each clue on the handout provided. The first group to record all answers correctly is the winner.
8) Close with a discussion about correct answers and reflection questions.
For other activities to get your students moving, check out:
International Business QR Code Scavenger Hunt
Digital Citizenship Worksheet and Gallery Walk
Business Ethics (Ethical Dilemmas) Chat Stations/ Gallery Walk
Business Ownership Discussion Questions for Gallery Walk
Business Leadership QR Code Scavenger Hunt
Employee Benefits QR Code Scavenger Hunt
Technological Innovations QR Code WebQuest
Consumerism QR Code WebQuest
Business Careers QR Code Scavenger Hunt