Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This project uses Crime Data to teach the following concepts
1) How to calculate and interpret the mean and median
2) How to calculate and interpret the standard deviation
3) How to compare data sets using mean, median and standard deviation
4) How to create a histogram, box and whisker plot and bell curve
5) How to analyze histograms, box and whisker plots and bell curves
The crime data from 5 cities was explored. *The name of the cities are listed on the teacher directions on the last page. Students compare the data from the 5 cities and answer thinking questions related to the data. Question focus more on analysis and interpretation of mean, median and standard deviation. At the end of the project, students can guess which cities they think are listed. This was a great surprise for students when the cities were revealed at the end.