Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2 MB|20 pages
Investigate the Criminal Justice System!
Consider the Bill of Rights and what role it plays in America’s Criminal
Justice System. Find the crime in a Nursery Rhyme and other fun activities.
• The Marshmallow Game (a game to support the idea for why we need rules or laws)
• Intoduction to Criminal Justice Careers and basic vocabulary
• Thinking Like Our Founding Fathers: How the Bill of Rights is applied to Criminal Justice
• Bill of Rights BINGO
• Think Like a Sociologist- A Depth and Complexity Activity
• Nursery Rhyme Crime-Analyze a Rhyme, Be a Judge, Create a Depth & • Complexity Frame
• Consider Details, Victim’s Perspective, Judge’s Perspective and Ethics
• Bonus Activity-Creative Writing-Modify a Nursery Rhyme so there is no Crime
This workshop is a great way to prepare your students for a visit to the local courthouse. Courtroom guides will be impressed with their background knowledge. I know this from experience!
This complete 2.5 Hour Enrichment Workshop is perfect for a GATE pullout program, Monthly Gifted Curriculum, Parent-led enrichment, Grade-level rotation, Homeschool, After-school or Sub Plans
This activity is suggested for grades 4-6
As a GATE Teacher, I created this enrichment activity as part of a monthly GATE Enrichment Pullout Program. It’s tested and approved by over 200 gifted learners.
The following materials are needed to complete all activities:
• Marshmallows-For a 10 minute game and possible prize incentives for Bill of Rights BINGO
If you enjoy Criminal Justice Basics. Check out these CSI Activities
Understand the Detective Scene before the Court Convenes
Thanks for visiting! Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love feedback!
TPT teacher authors appreciate you taking time out to provide some detail about how you like or how you used their products.
If you are dissatisfied for any reason, please offer me the chance to tweak or make corrections to the product before leaving a negative review. To do this, simply send me an email so that I have a chance to make sure your expectations are met.