Inspire and give voice to your children's exploration of questions like: What do I want to know? What am I curious about? How can I start exploring what I want to know?
This document is not a traditional "lesson plan," but rather directions on starting and using a question wall effectively. It extends over time and integrates into other subjects or areas of interest. It is a great one to share with parents as an activity they can do at home to start engaging children in asking higher-level questions. This is an easy activity to share in a monthly newsletter or at a parent-teacher conference to integrate parents into the learning process.
(Note: As a classroom teacher, you DO NOT have to purchase multiple licenses to use this product in this way. I only ask that each teacher purchase the material once. For questions or more information, email email@example.com)
Lesson Plan Questions: What do I want to know? What am I curious about? How can I start exploring what I want to know?
Objectives: The child will be able to...
- Identify, sort, categorize, and initiate questions
- Use mind and body to explore objects in mindful ways
- Ask different levels of questions and identify appropriate purposes for each
- Begin to connect interests with learning (in a variety of subject areas depending on the questions)
- Explore and use creativity