If you are looking to deepen your students' analysis skills, using critical lenses with fairytales is the perfect way to do so! This product will help your students to take a closer look at Cinderella through critical lens theories. Included are instructions on how I have covered this in my own class over a 6-day period (or longer if you want to add in Socratic Seminars and an optional project) by introducing the thought process of critical lens theory, reading two versions of Cinderella and analyzing them through the lenses, and finally analyzing the movie.
This is one part of my larger fairy tales and critical lenses unit which can be found here if you are looking for a larger unit.
They will do this through 3 different versions of Cinderella:
- Grimms' original tale, "Cinderella" (found online)
- Perrault's original tale "The Glass Slipper" (found online)
- Disney's movie, Cinderella (must be purchased separately)
With a focus on Feminist/Gender and Archetypical Lens, but also some Marxist Lens options.
Included in the product is:
- 6-day sequence to follow (longer if you wish to add in the suggested Socratic seminar and/or project)
- Critical Lens Theory Intro PP
- Women's Role in the 1950's PP
- Feminist Theory Handout
- Gifted and On-level handouts for analysis (with an answer key for quick checks of understanding)
- Optional assignments and mini group project to consider
- Discussion Questions To Help Guide Students through a Socratic Seminar
- PDF of the original Grimm's tale
*****Please note- this does not contain the original Perrault tale. However, if can easily be found online.
Copyright © Around the World With Mrs. C.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.