This Powerpoint gives an overview of WHY and HOW we can view literature through different perspectives to gain a deeper understanding of the text.
It is designed to be used as an overview or introduction to literary perspectives or criticisms in an English, Literature or Language Arts classroom (suitable years 9-12). You can then follow up each of the 6 literary perspectives with a more in-depth look with my 6 other Powerpoints available in my store individually or as a bundle.
This Powerpoint includes:
* an explanation of what literary perspectives are
* an overview of 6 common literary perspectives:
- Structuralist (also known as formalist)
- Post-structuralist (also known as reader-response)
* 2 tasks included to help student summarise and take notes on the 6 perspectives and then to begin applying their new knowledge
Please check out the bundle of powerpoints that accompany this introduction to literary perspectives, as well as my other products available in my TPT store. Any questions and feedback welcome :)