Also included in
- 6 Reading Comprehension Strategy packages with slideshow lesson, handouts, posters, detailed lesson plans, and YouTube videos. Teach (or remind students) HOW to Read for Meaning. Help students actively engage with the text (instead of just passively saying the words.) Perfect for IN-PERSON learning$24.40$61.00Save $36.60
- 24 Critical Thinking lessons. Explore fake news, point of view, bias, social media vs traditional news. Detailed lesson plan with discussion points, review questions, slideshow lesson, handouts and activities. IN PERSON or ONLINE LEARNING. Version 2021-11-08 UPDATE: This product is currently on sale$25.20$50.10Save $24.90
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store.⭐ LAST CHANCE TpT CYBER SALE ⭐SAVE $150.10 on the Educircles Everything BundleNow is the time to help your students PIVOT⭐ NINE people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far ⭐When you buy this product, yo$100.06$250.16Save $150.10
- 90 lessons to teach SOCIAL and EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) skills. Empower a GROWTH MINDSET to deal with life obstacles, systemic racism, Covid 19, and academic challenges! High Interest FUN lessons that can be used ANY TIME! Explicitly teach students: HOW to build character, be good citizens, collabor$54.00$132.16Save $78.16
Teach students CRITICAL THINKING strategies to help students EVALUATE ideas when reading. Includes YouTube VIDEO LESSON
Distance Learning and 1:1 Google Classroom™ ready!
Watch the ENTIRE slideshow lesson here: https://youtu.be/gEsgILYL_lI
Evaluating is more than just forming an opinion. It's about making an informed opinion or decision.
Use this lesson to give students a process to help them think critically about the information they read.
- Restate part of the text as a question,
- come up with criteria to judge the guiding question,
- play with the text to reveal other perspectives, and
- try to keep an open mind by starting with the other side.
4 PRO TIPS to help your students EVALUATE ideas as they read
Use this lesson to explain 3 aspects of critical thinking:
- Use CRITERIA to make rational decisions
- Try to be OPEN MINDED to make unbiased decisions
- Try to be FULL MINDED to make decisions based on the analysis of high quality information
The slideshow lesson is comprehensive, easy to use and includes everything you need for :
- DISTANCE LEARNING or 1:1 LEARNING in Google Classroom
- FACE to FACE LEARNING in your real classroom
In this package, you get:
- the slideshow lesson to walk your students through 4 pro tips to using the Evaluating reading strategy and an example of how to use this strategy..
- a generic EVALUATING handout package that can be used with any text. This helps students ask questions before, during, and after reading.
- a metacognition handout/reflection questions to help students reflect on the strategy
- a rubric to assess ideas generated during reading, as well as ideas generated during the metacognition reflection.
BONUS VIDEO LESSON: I’m recorded the slideshow as a FREE YOUTUBE VIDEO so it’s easier to teach with DISTANCE LEARNING. https://youtu.be/gEsgILYL_lI
IMPORTANT NOTE: This product DOES NOT include a text for students to read!
The package only includes the Evaluating strategy slideshow lesson and handouts.
It is intended for teachers to use with a novel or text that they are studying in class.
If you would like to use the informational text in this slideshow about "Service dog not allowed in class to help boy with autism", you can find the article HERE.
Reading comprehension strategies like EVALUATING help students engage with the text and gain a deeper understanding than just passively reading.
This product is also included in the .