Critical Thinking -- HINKY PINKIES for KINDERS
Even preschoolers can be critical thinkers when you introduce them to HINKY PINKIES for KINDERS. Hinky Pinkies
are riddles wherein the clues lead you to a 2 word answer. Each answer word must have 2 syllables and the 2 words must rhyme. When working with Hinky Pinkies
, your students are working with vocabulary, syllables, and honing rimes. Thus, they are useful for speech therapists and ELL teachers, as well as regular classroom teachers. Because your students will be interpreting data and drawing conclusions, this activity is also good for critical thinking practice.
Now, finally, Hinky Pinkies
are in a form that makes using them with pre-readers possible. In this packet you will find 10 cards with graphics for clues. These cards are ready to be reproduced on cardstock (perhaps pink) and laminated. Then they can be used as a literacy center, a warm-up activity, a sponge activity, or an anchor activity. Hinky Pinkies
are CCSS aligned.
I strongly urge you to solve several Hinky Pinky
clues together. By "thinking out loud," you will help your students get into the rhythm. I hope you have already found:
• Freebie Hink Pinks for Kinders
• Hink Pinks for Kinders I
• Hink Pinks for Kinders II
• Hink Pinks for Kinders III
Please visit my blog.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Your feedback is important to me. Thank you in advance.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.