These Critical Thinking Task Cards for your middle school or high school students are challenging and thought-provoking task cards to get your students really engaged with any text they are reading! They can be used in a variety of ways in your classroom!
Here are some suggestions of how you can use these task cards as reading responses, reading activities, or reading assignments:
- Have students answer task cards in partners
- Assign one task card to a table or group of students
- Assign students to pick a task card at random at the end of a novel/text
- Use them to hold students accountable for texts they read independently
- Have students write book assignments for various subjects
- Assign small groups a task card and have them present to the class
- Early finishers grab a random task card to respond to
- Assign as extra credit
SAVE OVER 20% BY PURCHASING THESE TASK CARDS IN OUR TASK CARDS BUNDLE. INCLUDES 18 INFORMATIONAL TEXT TASK CARDS, 28 READING RESPONSE TASK CARDS, AND 12 CRITICAL THINKING TASK CARDS.
We have included 12 Critical Thinking Task Cards
in this resource. All questions can be utilized with essentially any unit of study. Additionally, we have provided you with a rubric (you can select the point value of each item in the rubric) that also includes academic vocabulary and evidence-based phrases to help students answer the prompts if you have them writing their responses.
*The duration of this activity completely depends on how you choose to use it in your classroom. This could be useful for anywhere from one unit of study all the way up to an entire year's worth of activities.*
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
READING RESPONSE QUILT
INFORMATIONAL TEXT READING RESPONSE QUILT
EVIDENCE GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
READING RESPONSE BINGO
READING RESOURCES BUNDLE
DOUBLE-ENTRY JOURNAL READING ACTIVITY
Follow us on Facebook
for sales and all things Middle School ELA!