Also included in
- 24 Critical Thinking lessons. Explore fake news, point of view, bias, social media vs traditional news. Detailed lesson plan with discussion points, review questions, slideshow lesson, handouts and activities. IN PERSON or ONLINE LEARNING. This life-long tool is great ANY TIME of the year: during BA$38.50$72.00Save $33.50
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store.As I add more resources, the price of this product will increase. This is because TpT caps the discount I can offer on products in a bundle. I can only reduce the price by 50% in a bundle.Once you buy this pro$114.75$229.16Save $114.41
- Encourage a GROWTH MINDSET to deal with life obstacles, systemic racism, Covid 19, and academic challenges! High Interest FUN lessons that can be used ANY TIME! Perfect for the START of the school year or AFTER a COVID LOCKDOWN. Explicitly teach students: HOW to build character, be good citizens, co$114.50$229.00Save $114.50
10 page independent worksheet package.
Help students use critical thinking to figure out the lie in my Did I Cheat “Psst I’m lying” challenge.
44 questions provide structured support.
Guide students through the critical thinking process:
- Minds on: First impressions
- 3 Critical Thinking Strategies
- Thinking about lying
- Thinking a little more deeply about lying
- Creating a list of criteria.
- Analyze the video. (Watch the video again.)
- Be full minded
- Be open minded
Did I cheat? Maybe...
Am I lying? Absolutely!
Can your students figure out the lie? Let’s find out!
⭐ Things to know:
- This critical thinking worksheet package follows the slideshow lesson in the . (Slideshow included - see below.)
- Answer key NOT provided. This is an open-ended real world problem. Sample answers are not provided so that students are not guided towards the "right" answer.
- Edit the documents to meet your classroom needs: Google Docs, Microsoft Word. Easel by TpT
- No PREP, just print PDF included.
- This lesson includes a few slides and concepts from the chapter of the .
⭐ This worksheet package can be used in 2 ways:
OPTION 1. Use this worksheet package by itself.
- Students explore the videos and the slideshow lesson independently.
- The handouts include links to all of the YouTube videos students need to analyze.
- The first page of the handout includes a view-only link to the required slideshow.
OPTION 2. Teach the slideshow lesson in the . Then use this worksheet package to see what individual students think.
- VIEW the slideshow lesson:
- EDIT the slideshow lesson. Get a copy of the Google Slides / MS Powerpoint files here:
⭐ About the Big Hint...
Slide 11 in the slideshow contains information about a .
You can choose to delete this slide...
See if your students independently discover it as they try to be FULL MINDED (and seek out more information beyond what’s directly given to them.)
- Edit the handout (FILE 3, page 1, 2) to remove the link to the slideshow
- and delete slide 11
Or, you can leave it in so the hint is more obvious for students:
⭐ How to use this resource with Online Learning (Google Classroom™ / Microsoft Teams™ / Other LMS)
You can use this resource with an online Learning Management System that allows you to upload documents and URL links to student assignments.
There are two formats that you can use to get students to submit their work online
OPTION 1: Students fill out work in a Google Doc™ / Microsoft Word™ document
- If students are typing their answers in a Google Doc or Microsoft Word document, then the page formatting WILL CHANGE as students type in their answers.
- The links in Google Doc or Microsoft Word handouts ARE CLICKABLE
- YOU MAY WANT to include the links separately to make it easier for students to find.
OPTION 2: Students fill out work in an Easel by TpT™ document
"Easel by TpT is a suite of time-saving tools to help you teach, engage, and assess learners on any device. You can assign Easel lessons through Google Classroom or you can copy a link to it and paste it into any LMS you use with your students."
- If students are typing their answers into an Easel by TpT document, the page formatting WILL NOT CHANGE as students type in their answers. (This is because the input answer boxes expand and collapse so there is no overflow.)
- The links in an Easel by TpT handout ARE NOT CLICKABLE. They are also not able to be copy/pasted into a browser. (This is because Easel by TpT PDFs are actually background images. I’ve put a movable box over the links to explain this - but students can move the box aside to see the image of the link below.)
- YOU WILL need to include the links separately for students to click.
⭐ How to get the Easel by TpT version of this resource
Screenshots of what to do are included in the READ ME FIRST PDF (page 4.)
- Go to the for this resource.
- STEP 1: CLICK the green “View 2 Files” button
- STEP 2: CLICK the green “Open Digital Activity” button in the pop up window.
⭐ Links used in this resource
Educircles slideshow lesson
- Handout pages 1, 2
- Hidden by YELLOW movable box in Easel by TpT document
Educircles video: Behind the Scenes Live Stream #5
- Handout Pages 1, 6
- Hidden by BLUE movable box in Easel by TpT document
Educircles video about how to cheat on RANDOM.org
- Handout Page 7
- Hidden by BROWN movable box in Easel by TpT document
Educircles video about how I buy gift cards
- Version 1 (no questions):
- Handout Page 8
- Hidden by PINK movable box in Easel by TpT document
- Version 2 (questions):
- Handout Page 8
- Hidden by PINK movable box in Easel by TpT document
..... TUESDAY Sep 14, 2021 update: Are you still in the honeymoon stage or is it like you never had a summer vacation? The grind is real...
My name is Mike Fuchigami. I'm the teacher behind Educircles.
- My goal is to SAVE YOU HOURS of PREP.
- I want to help you EMPOWER STUDENTS to survive and thrive in a changing world!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for free lessons!
- FOLLOW my Facebook page for free resources and tips!
- FOLLOW this TpT store for free TpT gift cards!
- Watch ▶️ HOW EASY it is to get my Educircles Google Drive products.
⭐⭐⭐ SO FAR, I'VE DONATED $7,098 of sales to STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH CHARITIES! Thank you for purchasing an Educircles product!
⭐⭐⭐ I'VE ALSO GIVEN AWAY $845 in TpT GIFT CARDS to TEACHERS!
- Congratulations to Emily (Ceredigion, UK) who won a $100 TpT gift card and Nadia (Sierra Vista, US) who won $50 ▶️ VIDEO
- Congratulations to A (Guam, US) who won a $25 TpT gift card in July !! ▶️ VIDEO
⭐⭐⭐ THE NEXT 4 TEACHERS to answer 3 easy questions will AUTOMATICALLY win a $10 TpT gift card
- Question 1: Where do you teach (city, country)?
- Question 2: What do you teach (grades / subjects)?
- Question 3 is waiting for you in your TpT inbox
The following teachers each won a $10 TpT gift card!
- Elizabeth (Fort Covington, US)
- Anyone? Anyone?
- ??? (crickets chirping on Tue Sep 14, 2021...)
FOLLOW MY STORE to get the next set of questions!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Teachers around the world have DOWNLOADED over 34,540 Educircles resources!
This interactive map shows the cities where teachers have bought one of my resources!
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
✅ FREE, LOW PREP
- SET GOALS: Print handout. Use optional slideshow or videos.
- ASK IF I CHEATED / Did I lie? Watch video. Discuss.
- HUMAN BINGO ice breaker communication activity. Perfect for Back to School after a Covid lockdown.
✅ LEARNING SKILLS in a world of Covid, Systemic Racism and Constant Change!
- BUILD character: develop resilience during uncertain times.
- EMPOWER classroom citizenship: actively participate in our school, local and global community to make the world a better place.
- THINK critically instead of reacting to fear, viral videos, or fake news.
- EVALUATE systemic discrimination in a real world case study: how might a system impose unfair burdens on a group of people?
✅ SAVE HOURS OF PREP (and money) with the bundle!
- The Educircles EVERYTHING Bundle (Psst, the price goes up as I add more resources to my store.)
⭐ Change Log
(For more information, please see the READ ME FIRST PDF)
Version 2.1: BIG HINT update (Aug 6, 2021)
- Worksheet (FILE 3) and NO PREP JUST PRINT PDF (FILE 0) now contain a link to the slideshow on page 1, 2
- Worksheet (FILE 3) now available as an Easel by TpT document
- Added © copyright symbol to worksheet as a reminder of copyright status.
- No Prep Just Print PDF (FILE 0) updated.
- READ ME FIRST PDF (FILE 1a) updated to include information about BIG HINT, different teaching options, different online learning options, getting the Easel by TpT version
- (FILE 1b) updated information about the Did I Cheat Psst I’m lying resource
If you have any questions, please ask in the Q&A section below, or feel free to email me at Mike@educircles.org