Critical and Differentiated Thinking Task Cards: New Year's Celebration
Differentiated thinking task cards are great for differentiation, morning work, literacy centers, math centers, early finishers and fast finishers.
Students will use character cards as manipulative tools (as needed) to think critically and solve logic problems. Cards will be moved around for each of 10 tasks as solutions are generated. Cards are NOT needed for all tasks. Optional "center sign" is included as well as answer document and key.
These cards are designed to be used with:
* gifted and talented 1st and 2nd grade student
* high performing KG student
* average 3rd grade student
* 4th grade student needing remediation
Please read sample problems below to see if they are appropriate for your students.
** Example of More Challenging Problem **
The penguins purchased 30 different colored balloons for the centerpiece and several glitter pompoms. Use the clues to determine how many of each color balloon they bought.
* 5 more silver balloons were purchased than red.
* 6 red balloons were purchased.
* The penguins bought eight blue balloons and the rest
** Example of Less Challenging Problem **
Plans were underway for the annual Penguin Pals’ New Year’s Party!
4 friends were gathering to plan the party at 2:00 P.M. However, they arrived at different times. Use the clues to determent the order in which each penguin arrived.
* Magical Marv arrived last, after Perky Pam.
* Happy Harv, the first to arrive, rang the bell at 2:00 P.M. on
* Shimmering Shay arrived immediately after Happy Harv at 2:01 P.M.
Suggestions for Use
~ laminated character cards are placed under document camera &
manipulated by teacher.
~ Answers can be oral or written on answer page.
Center / Station
~ laminated task & character cards are manipulated by small
groups of students to solve problems.
~ Answers are written on student document.
~ Optional center sign included (page 3)
~ laminated task and character cards are placed in a
central location and used by early or fast finishers.