Critical and Differentiated Thinking Thanksgiving
Differentiated thinking task cards are great for differentiation, morning work, literacy centers, math centers, early finishers and fast finishers.
Students will use character cards as manipulative tools (when needed) to think critically and solve logic problems. Cards will be moved around for each of 10 tasks as solutions are generated. Cards are NOT needed for all tasks. Optional "center sign" is included as well as answer document and key.
These cards are designed to be used with:
* gifted and talented 1st and 2nd grade student
* high performing KG student
* average 3rd grade student
* 4th grade student needing remediation
Please read sample problems to determine if this product is appropriate for your students.
Example of More Challenging Problem
Another activity enjoyed by students was decorating turkeys with sequins, ribbon and other art materials. Use the clues to figure out the number of feathers on the students' turkeys.
* Pilgrim Paul had more than 5 feathers on his turkey but less than 15.
He did have the same amount as Sunflower Suzy but decided to remove 3.
* Pilgrim Polly had the most which was 5 more than Sunflower Suzy who had 10.
* Feathered Gabriel had 2 more than Pilgrim Paul
Example of Easier Problem
Farmer Francisco, Pilgrim Paul, Feathered Gabriel, and Sunflower Suzy had been studying Thanksgiving and each had completed a report about foods typically eaten on the holiday. Use the clues to determine which report each student prepared.
* Sunflower Suzy said her favorite food was corn and this is what she chose to research instead of squash.
* Feathered Gabriel was curious about pumpkins while Pilgrim Paul wanted to investigate turkey.
Suggestions for Use
~ laminated character cards are placed under document camera &
manipulated by teacher.
~ Answers can be oral or written on answer page.
Center / Station
~ laminated task & character cards are manipulated by small
groups of students to solve problems.
~ Answers are written on student answer page.
~ Optional center sign included (page 3).
~ laminated task & character cards are placed in a
central location and used by “fast finishers”.