The following science lesson is on the topic classifying states of matter using properties. It can be used with ReadyGen First Grade Unit 2 Module B, because I cross curricular the Common Core State standards, Essential Questions and Enduring Understanding
It can also be used if your school does not use this program because it is aligned with CCSS.
This lesson can be used for a week or two depending on your student’s abilities to complete the writing assignment. It is an informational report writing performance task with all the required components for a A++++ bulletin board as per what your administration is looking for in NYC.
*teacher rubric with common core state standards learning progressions showing ccss progressions from K - 1 - 2
*student frindly rubric/ checklist
* task for display / explanation of what they did
* simpler student task instructions standards etc…
All things are addressed that makes for an effective lesson as per todays rigorous standards for teachers.
* Aligned with Danielson Framework.
* CCSS, NYC Shifts in ELA,
* close reading, Depth of Knowledge Questions (with the type in parentheses such as synthesis, application etc..)
* Small group discussion question also called turn and talk, that requires a statement of opinion and to prove it with text details.
* Graphic organizer, Scaffolded instruction/ multiple entry points and universal design learning or UDLs.
*Differentiated instruction: I have also included the text in three different differentiated levels, easy, on level and advanced. The only thing you may want is a second read aloud on matter before students begin their reading.