Help make connections to the Crosscutting Concepts clear for your students. This resource is designed to teach students about the Crosscutting Concept. It includes a graphic organizer that can be used to make connections to this crosscutting concept throughout the school year.
This resource is a pdf document and contains:
- Stability and Change notes
- Stability and Change notes key
- Stability and Change Graphic Organizer
This resource was designed using the NSTA Matrix Fork for the Crosscutting Concepts for the 3-5 grade band.
How to use this resource:
- It works best to use this resource in context rather than teach all crosscutting concepts at once.
- Use the notes to introduce or review the concept of Stability and Change.
- Have students work in collaborative groups to complete a much of the graphic organizer as they can. Share and check for understanding in a whole group setting.
- In 5 grade, once students are more familiar with this concept, this can be used as a formative assessment.
- It may also be used when teaching standards at any time that you find a connection. This resource works best if it is used throughout your school in grades 3-5 so that the student understanding of Stability and Change gradually improves over time.