Students will use the template provided to create a crowdfunding page for a particular cause or person. This activity encourages students to demonstrate their knowledge in a creative way. It also allows students to use higher-level thinking skills to create a persuasive argument relevant to particular person, group, event, or time period.
• This assignment can be modified from an assignment for a single student to one involving pairs or groups and can be assigned as classwork or homework.
• This template can be used with many different age groups and ability levels.
What is crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is a way of raising money for a project or cause using small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically via the internet. Sites like GoFundMe.com and Kickstarter.com are among the most well-known crowdfunding sites used today.
This assignment can be used:
• As a way to reinforce content taught during a lesson
• As a review after teaching a lesson
• As a starting activity to help students access their prior knowledge
• As extra practice for a student who is having trouble with a certain concept
Use with Various Subjects
• Literature – Students can create a crowdfunding page for a book character or famous author.
• History – Students can create a crowdfunding page for a historical figure, important event, war, political campaign, or reform movement.
• Geography – Students can pretend he or she is a citizen of a particular country and create a crowdfunding page addressing a certain problem that country faces.
• Science – Students can create a crowdfunding page for a famous scientist or inventor.
• Mathematics – Students can create a crowdfunding page about a famous mathematician.
• Current events – Students can create a crowdfunding page based on problems that they see in the news or everyday life.
• Teacher instructions
• Student instructions
• Printable blank template
• Fillable PDF form for completion on computer
• Student instructions for completing fillable PDF form
• 2 examples of completed template
• Optional rubric
You Might Also Like...
125 Activities and Assignments for High School Economics
180 Bell Ringers and Warm-ups for Economics
30 Economics Writing Prompts
30 Creative Economics Assignments
Texting Template and 52 Economics Texting Assignments
13 Stand and Sort Activities to Get Economics Students Moving
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking ‘Follow Me’ next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.