Do your students get STUCK on challenging words? Do your students carefully read the WHOLE word through?
"Crunch & Munch" is a great strategy for teaching students to read the WHOLE word through - beginning, middle, and end! It reinforces looking at all word parts to decode those extra challenging words. It will even help the good decoders who just regularly leave off word endings!
Use these ready-to-use materials and resources for whole-group instruction, small group instruction, or during 1:1 reading conferences. After explicit modeling and instruction, students can add this strategy to their word-attack toolbox to decode challenging words!
Included in this 32-page packet:
• Table of Contents
• Introduction & Directions
• 1 Instructional Strategy Poem
• 1 Set of Instructional Strategy Bookmarks
• 2 Posters (Sound/Syllable)
• 9 Graphic Organizers (4 Sound/4 Syllable)
• 1 Sound/Syllable Box Blending Page
• 4 Sets of Practice Word Cards
• 1 Student Assessment Profile (Cover Page)
• 5 Pre/Post Assessment Recording Forms
• 4 Pre/Post Assessment Word Lists
• 1 Pre-Assessment Word Attack Survey
• 1 “I Can…” Student Reflection
• 1 “I Can…” Student Poster
• 1 “I Will…” Common Core Standards Poster
Download the thumbnail preview for a sneak-peek of all 32 pages included in this packet. Please email email@example.com with any questions!