Note: This product is meant to be used after students have read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from CRYPTID HUNTERS.
Examples of clues:
* She started the procedure for their INITIAL descent into the jungle. (ant.) ANSWER: last
* His battered pride told him to go after the kids who had DUPED him. (syn.) ANSWER: tricked
* She wanted to talk to Laurel about this, but didn’t know how to BROACH the subject without looking foolish. (2 words; syn.) ANSWER: bring up
* Grace was more interested in PURSUING their uncle’s peculiar behavior. (ant.) ANSWER: leading
* But when you get here, Butch thought, your QUARRY will be gone. (ant.) ANSWER: hunter
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
NOTE: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from CRYPTID HUNTERS edition of Bookmarks Plus.
Cryptid Hunters edition of Bookmarks Plus—A Very Handy Little Reading Aid!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my CRYPTID HUNTERS 50-Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle.
Use all three to reinforce meaning!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!