This is an activity that I use with kindergarteners in Spanish after we have studied colors and numbers. These fruit words are familiar from a book we read. Here are the directions:
1. Teacher cuts up number & color words and places into separate bins (one for numbers, one for colors). You might want to photocopy the words larger. Make sure there is enough for the class.
2. Students choose one sheet (apple, orange, pear or watermelon).
3. Each student reaches into both bins to choose a number and color. They use those slips to record the number & color at the bottom of the page.
4. After recording the words they color their fruit. For example, if they have, “Hay cuatro manzanas moradas.” They would color 4 apples using purple.
5. Once they finish one fruit page, they may choose another and repeat the process!
VOCABULARY: Numeros (uno-diez), Colores (rojo, anaranjado, verde, azul, cafe, morado y rosado) y Frutas (manzanas, naranjas, peras y sandias)