• Each sheet has cubes and the top and a boxed number in the lower right corner.
• Students will take a sheet and count the number of cubes already there. They will add unifix cubes and count them until they have reached the boxed number.
• For example, there could be 8 cubes on a sheet and the boxed number is 12. Student would count the cubes "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8" then put a cube down and count "9," then add another, "10," until they have counted to twelve.
• There are also sheets that have just a number on top and a boxed number in the corner.
• Because a goal in kindergarten is for students to be able to count on from any number, these sheets do not have cubes to count.
• Using the example from above the number on top would be 8 and 12 would be boxed. Students would count "8..." then add a cube, "9," add another, "10," until they reach twelve.
• As students complete each sheet, they may clear the unifix cubes and start a new sheet.
***Can be used for stations or independent practice.
I laminated my sheets and they've lasted about 2 years so far.