Choo choo! All aboard! Thank you for stopping by!
• 10 full-color work mats for all number combinations/equations (1-10)
• 10 “printer-friendly” work mats [gives you/your students the option to select the 2 cube colors to be used] for all number combinations/equations (1-10)
• You will need to supply Unifix/Snap/Connecting Cubes for your students to use with this activity. You will also need to supply writing materials (pencils, crayons, dry-erase markers).
• Choose the set in this pack that you prefer based on your students’ or your printer’s needs! Print!
• If using as homework, morning work, worksheets, or anything that is used ONCE, print your selection on copy paper.
• If using as a center, print on copy paper or cardstock and place in page protectors so they can be reused MULTIPLE times.
How to Use:
I use these work mats primarily as a reusable center. Students select a work mat, gather the cube colors they need, and get started! Example: when working on the 8 Train, they need purple and orange cubes. They start by placing some of each color in the train’s cars. When full, they count the number of purple cubes used and write the number in the equation below. The same process is repeated for the orange cubes. Then, the cubes are cleared and different amounts of purple and orange cubes are used to fill the train. The goal for each mat is to find ALL of the different number combinations and equations for each train.