Reinforce preterite tense verb endings for U Group verbs like poder, poner, tener y estar in Spanish with this fun game of ¡Cucharas! or Spoons. Students love collecting all the conjugations of a verb in the preterite tense and racing to grab the spoons! This is a great way to get students engaged and focusing on the details of preterite tense verb endings for the irregular U Group verbs!
OBJECTIVE: Collect all seven cards for one verb (infinitive + all six forms- for example: CORRER, CORRÍ, CORRISTE, CORRIÓ, CORRIMOS, CORRISTEIS y CORRIERON) and/or not be the person left without a spoon!
Included: Teacher prep instructions, student instructions to display on game day, 63 game cards*, 9 blank cards just in case, a piece of decorative paper to copy onto the back of game cards so kids cannot see through them, and student score sheets (both a Spanish and a Spanglish version).
*Included irregular preterite U Group verbs: poner, poder, tener, estar, saber, andar, mantener, caber and obtener. The vosotros form is part of the set, but you could easily remove all the vosotros cards and instruct students to collect 6 instead of 7.
1. Print product.
2. Copy game cards and decorative paper back to back. Make enough sets for groups of 3-4.
3. If possible, laminate for durability so they can be used year after year!
4. Cut cards and clip individual sets together (or place in plastic baggies).
5. Copy enough score sheets for every student in the class.
6. You will need spoons for this activity, either plastic or metal. I keep a box of 48 plastic ones in my room just for this game.
Check out my other ¡Cucharas! games by clicking the links below!
* Present Tense of Regular AR/ER/IR Verbs
* Present Tense of Regular -AR Verbs
* Present Tense of Regular -ER Verbs
* Present Tense of Regular -IR Verbs
* Present Tense Stem-Changers
* Present Tense O-UE Stem-Changers
* Present Tense E-IE Stem-Changers
* Present Tense E-I Stem-Changers
* Preterite Tense of Regular Verbs
* Irregular Preterite Tense Verbs
* Preterite Tense of CAR/GAR/ZAR Verbs
* Irregular Preterite Tense Verbs (I & J Groups Only)
* Irregular Preterite Tense Verbs (ER/IR Stem-changers Only)
* Imperfect Tense of Regular Verbs
* Imperfect Tense (Regular and Irregular)
* Preterite vs. Imperfect
* Future Tense of Regular Verbs
* Irregular Future Tense Verbs
Need another engaging preterite tense activity? Click HERE to see the other fun preterite tense activities in my store!
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new products are posted or upcoming sales? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and new products (except bundles) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click the green star by my store name to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my product!
La Profe Plotts