Reinforce present tense -AR verb endings in Spanish with this fun game of ¡Cucharas! or Spoons. Students love collecting all the conjugations of an -AR verb in the present tense and racing to grab the spoons! This is a great way to get students engaged and focusing on the details of present tense verb endings!
OBJECTIVE: Collect all seven cards for one verb (infinitive + all six forms- for example: MANDAR, MANDO, MANDAS, MANDA, MANDAMOS, MANDÁIS y MANDAN) and/or not be the person left without a spoon!
Included: Teacher prep instructions, student instructions to display on game day, 63 game cards*, 9 blank cards just in case, a piece of decorative paper to copy onto the back of game cards so kids cannot see through them, and student score sheets (both a Spanish and a Spanglish version).
*Included regular AR verbs: hablar, cantar, bailar, saltar, usar, nadar, llamar, visitar y mirar. The vosotros form is part of the set, but you could easily remove all the vosotros cards and instruct students to collect 6 instead of 7.
1. Print product.
2. Copy game cards and decorative paper back to back. Make enough sets for groups of 3-4.
3. If possible, laminate for durability so they can be used year after year!
4. Cut cards and clip individual sets together (or place in plastic baggies).
5. Copy enough score sheets for every student in the class.
6. You will need spoons for this activity, either plastic or metal. I keep a box of 48 plastic ones in my room just for this game.
This game is part of my Present, Preterite, Imperfect, and Future ¡Cucharas! Super Bundle which features 16 sets at a discount of 25%! That's hours and hours of engagement and fun! Click HERE to see it!
Need another engaging present tense product? Click HERE to see the other present tense products in my store like Spanish Present Tense Task Cards (REGULAR AR VERBS ONLY)!
Check out my other ¡Cucharas! games by clicking the links below!
* Present Tense of Regular AR/ER/IR Verbs
* Present Tense of Regular -ER Verbs
* Present Tense of Regular -IR Verbs
* Present Tense Stem-Changers
* Present Tense O-UE Stem-Changers
* Present Tense E-IE Stem-Changers
* Present Tense E-I Stem-Changers
* Preterite Tense of Regular Verbs
* Irregular Preterite Tense Verbs
* Preterite Tense of CAR/GAR/ZAR Verbs
* Irregular Preterite Tense Verbs (I & J Groups Only)
* Irregular Preterite Tense Verbs (I->Y Group Only)
* Irregular Preterite Tense Verbs (ER/IR Stem-changers Only)
* Irregular Preterite Tense Verbs (U Group Only)
* Imperfect Tense (Regular and Irregular)
* Imperfect Tense of Regular Verbs
* Preterite vs. Imperfect
* Future Tense of Regular Verbs
* Irregular Future Tense Verbs
Did you know you can follow my store and receive notifications when new products are posted or upcoming sales? I have lots of engaging resources in the works and new products (except bundles) are 50% off for the first 24 hours! Click the green star by my store name to follow me!
Thanks for checking out my product!
La Profe Plotts