Also included in
- Teaching kindergarten, first, and second graders all about rhythm can be challenging, but these resources are here to help! These are all of the song, lessons, games, centers activities, flashcards, and more that I have created to teach quarter notes, eighth notes, and quarter rests.Join my free res$55.65$79.50Save $23.85
- As elementary music teachers, we often joke about being stuck in "sol-mi" land. As much as we joke... sol-mi (and subsequently sol-la-mi) do take up a large part of our school days.This product includes all of the songs, flashcards, and games that I use to teach sol-mi and sol-la-mi to kindergarten,$40.00$54.00Save $14.00
Any time that you ask students to sing by themselves, there is a chance that they are going to get nervous and freak out.
With this lesson-- every one of my students WANTED to sing, and nearly all sang successfully.
This product includes the powerpoint, melody cards, printable resources, and printable lesson plan that I used to teach my students sol-mi. It could also be used for ta and titi or beat vs. rhythm, but I chose sol and mi-- because those are the only notes in this song!
The song is super cute. It is a conversation between a person and a bird. After teaching the song together, I had one student sing the bird part. It was extra exciting because they got to hold our owl, Bizet! (This is the exact one I have!)
I also paired this lesson with the book Cuckoo by Lois Ehlert (get it here!)-- which has English and Spanish words on every page! Perfect for if you have a lot of English Language Learners in your elementary music classroom! While we read, every time I got to the word "cuckoo", we sang it on sol-mi. This could easily be transferred to Orff instruments as well! (None of this is in the lesson plan so... you are welcome for the free lesson right there.)
- 14 slide powerpoint to teach the song and introduce sol and mi
- 18 sol-mi prep cards on two line staves
- Blank 2 line staff and owls to create your own patterns
- 4 (fun!) worksheets to practice sol-mi and ta-titi
You may also like:
Join my free resource library to get exclusive FREE content-- including free level 1 rhythm cards!
Let's be friends!
Blog: Becca's Music Room