Products in this Bundle (18)
showing 1-5 of 18 products
Super money saving bundle! Set of 20 project for use with any novel or short story. Variety of creative and engaging options. Each project is offered as a separate stand-alone activity, plus they are combined in a Culminating Projects set, including Task Cards, Choice Board, and Student Menu options. Bundle includes additional groupings, including Show and Tell, Real-World Response to Literature, and Book Report Alternatives and the Ultimate Project Choice Menu that has all 20 projects in one. Flexible options to fit your classroom needs!
Includes the complete Creative Culminating Projects for Any Short Story or Novel and the complete Engaging Culminating Projects Bundle.
10 Creative Culminating Projects includes:
• Culminating Projects Set: Task Card version, Choice Board Version, and Student Menu version. All 10 projects are offered in these different versions, in addition to the stand alone projects below. Choice Board and Student Menu come with pre-printed directions and with blank directions, for teacher choice. Modified, simplified rubrics provided. Can be paired with the printables from the stand-alone projects. Note: on the 3x3 Choice Board, Book Cover or Movie Poster is one combined project choice. (Bundle only)
• Character Scrapbook or Collage Project—A pair of projects for students to use images and captions to convey important information about a character from the story. Rubric included. Collage works great for a class or hall decoration.
• Media Adaptation Project—Several media choices for students to pick from to retell the story. Good way for students to really get into the text. Self-reflection included to examine the changes of the story because of the change in medium. Grade sheet included.
• Modernize It! Project—Many texts read are written and set in the past. This provides a fun opportunity to examine the affect technology would have on the story. Includes a worksheet on evaluating the effect of different technology on the story that can serve as a prewriting or a stand-alone activity. Plus student instruction sheet with rubric for the project.
• Movie Poster & Book Cover Projects—Both are important to the marketing of the story and makes a fun project to wrap up. Includes teacher notes for optional discussion and expanding of the project to the elements and design of movie posters and book covers. Student instruction sheets with rubrics included.
• Prequel & Sequel Projects—creative writing projects that have students write a story about what came before or what comes next. Includes both prequel and sequel writing with instructions and rubric. Narrative and Graphic Novel versions available. Also includes teacher notes for optional discussion about prequels and sequels.
• Rap or Rhyme Project--Students rap or rhyme about the story for a fun take on reviewing or summarizing. Includes options for making a poster/ film/ presentation as well as writing/typing their rap or rhyme. Self-reflection included and a student sample from a cross-curricular English/ History project.
• Soundtrack Project—Students will create a soundtrack for the story. This activity relates students’ interest (their music) to the text. Pairs with study of mood, as the project requires students to identify the mood and explain how the song they chose fits that mood. No lesson on mood included, only the project.
• Story Mobile Projects-- Fun hands-on activity with two choices. Story Item Mobile relates to symbol and motif as students identify those items, as well as other items of importance to make their mobile. Character Mobile is great for review of characters during or after the story. Includes Character Mobile sample in class.
10 Engaging Culminating Projects Bundle includes:
: Alternate Point of View Writing: students will choose the viewpoint of another character in the story to retell major events. Practice working with point of view, including deciding what details the new point of view character would not know from the original text. Also includes modeling style and mood.
Alternate Ending Project: Students will choose a pivotal moment in the story and write a different ending from that point. They will reference the events of the original, demonstrating their understanding. IN addition, they will use higher level thinking to predict an alternate outcome. Includes options for narrative writing and graphic novel, with rubrics and prewriting worksheet.
Character Obituary and Gravestone Writing Activities: Fun project for use with any story with a dead character OR use to write about a character who dies after the story as a way of retelling or expanding on the text. Students write an obituary retelling details about the character, rubric provided. Also includes a gravestone activity. Bonus overused words obituary printable included.
How-To Brochure Activity: this activity combines real-world writing with literature. Students use details and information from the story to create a how-to brochure related to a lesson or concept from the story. Students will use headings, bullet points, or other methods of organization along with appropriate images for their tips. Rubric included.
Create an Infographic Activity: Includes two different infographic activity options! The literary infographic has students retell and examine the text—this is an option in the culminating projects set with task cards. The character infographic focuses on one character and has students use characterization and major events to create an infographic about that specific character—not included as a culminating projects set choice. Handout on Infographic design plus rubrics provided.
Friendly Letter Writing Activity: This activity combines literature with real-world writing as students write a friendly letter from one or more characters in the text. Also includes a response to a friendly letter activity and how to address and envelope to expand the activity.
Newspaper Article Writing Activity: Combine real-world writing with creative writing in this activity. Students will use newspaper writing as they create an article about a major event in the story (student- or teacher-selected). Good activity to dig into point of view, as well as try a different writing style. Includes handout on newspaper writing, student instructions, and rubric.
Design a Tattoo or Tee Shirt Activity fun art activity to encourage creative thinking. Students will design a tattoo or tee shirt. Includes options for a design based on symbols & motifs, theme & main ideas, or characterization. Multiple printable templates for flexible deployment.
Write Your Own: Writing Imitation Activity: In this creative writing activity, students will analyze the text to identify select literary devices, including theme, main idea, and mood. Then they will use several of those elements in writing their own story. Includes options for a narrative and a graphic novel, with rubrics.
Story-Based Research Project: This research project uses a literature tie-in to engage students and provide real-world writing. Students will identify an idea, event, or location from the story that they want to learn more about. Then, they will conduct their research and create a project of their findings in a self-selected media. Printables and rubric included.
Culminating Projects Set: Task Cards, Choice Board, and Student Menu version: all projects in the bundle are offered in this set. Alternative Point of View and Write Your Own are combined into one option to make a set of 9 different project options. Rubrics included for each of the categories: Visual Creations, Retell, and Beyond the Text. (Bundle only)
Also includes several additional project groupings, including groupings with projects from both sets. Groupings include the Ultimate Project Choice Menu with all 20 projects, Show and Tell, Book Report Alternatives, Real-World Writing Response to Literature, Inspired by the Story Events, and Characterization projects.
This product conains single file PDFs for each activity..
The Culminating Projects Super Bundle is also available in a premium, editable Word document (.docx), sold as a zipped file along with the Task Cards as PowerPoint (.pptx) files.
Looking for culminating projects for Poetry: 5 Culminating Poetry Activities (For Any Poem) -PDF
Like this? Check these out: