Guatemala was ravaged by Civil War for 36 years. But hope is rising. In the midst of incredible odds, victims have been transformed into champions who willfully embrace the pain of their past to help repair the next generation. This is the story of Maria, the doll lady.
In this packet you will learn about Guatemala's journey of hope through Maria's story, the doll lady. Included in the packet are the following activities:
1. Interactive Index page of all resources included in packet.
2. Interactive vocabulary activities delivered thorough Quizlet, Textivate and paper activities.
3. Visual dictionary for students to record new vocabulary.
4. Anticipatory lesson to develop background knowledge to aid reading comprehension of story delivered through a Google presentation.
5. Spanish reading with comprehension questions.
6. Interactive questions to aid reading comprehension.
7. Interactive game that matches text with photos to aid reading comprehension.
8. Three assessments - reading, listening and writing
9. Links to two videos depicting Maria's story.
10 Ricardo Arjona's biography made comprehensible through a Google presentation.
11. Mini biography of Ricardo Arjona with comprehension questions and cloze activities for two of his songs.
The idea to develo this unit came from a wonderful teacher: Jane VanderBeek.