Teach students to embrace diversity with cultural awareness, acceptance and empathy activities for teens (Printable & Digital) - Editable lesson plan, student handouts, PowerPoint, Google Doc, Google Slides and rubric for no prep distance learning or Google Classroom activities.
Pick and choose activities for one no prep lesson or enjoy a complete no prep cultural awareness unit over the course of several days or even weeks for students to complete reading, writing and research activities to embrace empathy, acceptance, equity, diversity and cultural awareness over judgment and cultural bias.
The included culturally responsive, antibias activities will teach middle school and high school students to be open-minded about cultural perspectives unlike their own, and make students aware of their cultural bias and judgment of other cultures with opposing viewpoints.
Products Includes (Printable & Digital):
- Lesson Plan
- Student Handouts
- Google Slides
- Google Doc
- Common Core Standards
- Learning Focus Question
- Bell Ringer
- Introductory Teaching Script
- Mini-Lesson with Definitions: Culture; Subculture; Homogeneous; Empathy; Assumptions; Bias; Stereotype; Anthropology; Ethnography; Ethnocentric; Discourse
- Guided Practice: Opening Discussion
- Independent Practice: 4-7 Activities
- Two nonfiction reading activities
- One documentary film analysis activity
- Two Research Projects
- Closing Discussion
- Exit Slip
- 3-Point Rubric for Effortless Grading
Pair with my
The discussion, reading, short film and research activities all teach students to become aware of their cultural bias and to embrace diversity and diverse cultural perspectives. These no prep antibias activities foster acceptance, empathy and cultural awareness in teens, middle school students and high school students.
You may also like ;)
- Step-by-Step No Prep Research Unit
- Research Unit | Teen Issues
- Persuasive Writing Unit
- MLA Citation How-to-Guide
- Comparative Writing with Lyrics and Videos
- Personal Statement | College Essay
- Literary Analysis Writing
- Opinion Essay with Inspirational Quotes
- Comparative Essay Unit
- SAT Grammar
- Fun Peer Editing Protocol
- Poetry Writing Unit
- Greek and Latin Roots
Why wait? Teach students to embrace diversity with cultural awareness, acceptance and empathy activities for teens (Printable & Digital).