Cultural Diversity Family Unit! These lessons will help your students learn about other cultures in order to see diversity in family life. They will study the countries of Brazil, China, Germany, Australia, and the United States in order to see diversity in family life.
The activities were created as a cross curricular Social Studies unit. They include lessons in reading, writing, and social studies.
Click here to check out my other Cultural Diversity Lesson, which includes 4 different countries!
Or Click Here to view the bundled product and save money!
Please download the preview before purchasing to view a sampling of the activities included. This will ensure that the activities are appropriate for your grade level.
1. Culture Word Wall Posters (1 large, 4 small)
2. What is Cultural Diversity Mini Book
2. My Family's Cultural Traditions Mini Book
3. KWL Chart
4. Non-fiction Articles for the following countries:
- The United States (x2)
*There are two articles for each country (1 on level, 1 simplified for differentiation)
5. Note taking sheets for each country (Color and Blackline Included for each country)
6. My Family's Culture Question Sheet
7. Venn Diagram Activity (comparing another country's traditions to the students
8. How to Write Hello (learn to write hello in 4 different languages)
9. Detailed teacher instruction pages
40 pages total= 3 (teacher instruction pages), 2 (TOU/Credits), 35 student activity pages
C3 Social Studies Standard:
Use Components of culture (e.g. food, language, religion, traditions) to describe diversity in family life.
With prompting and support, read information texts appropriately complex for grade 1
With guidance and support from adults, recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.