Cultural Diversity Family Unit! These lessons will help your students learn about other cultures in order to see diversity in family life.
These lessons were created as a cross curricular Social Studies unit. It includes lessons in reading, writing, and social studies.
Please download the preview to see a sampling of the activities included with this download. This will ensure it is appropriate for your grade level.
These lessons are now included in a bundled product!
Click Here to view the bundle and save money!You can also check out my other cultural diversity lessons by clicking here!
1. Culture Word Wall Posters (1 large 4 small)
2. What is Cultural Diversity? Mini Book
2. My Family’s Cultural Traditions Mini Book
3. KWL Chart
4. Non-Fiction Articles for the following Countries
*There are two articles for each country. (1 on level, 1 simplified for differentiation)
5. Note taking sheet for each country
6. My Family’s Culture Question sheet
7. Venn Diagram Activity (comparing another country’s traditions to the student’s
8. How to Write Hello (learn to write hello in 4 different languages)
C3 Social Studies Standard
Use components of culture (e.g., foods, language, religion, traditions) to describe diversity in family life.
With prompting and support, read information texts appropriately complex for grade 1.
With guidance and support from adults, recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.
36 pages total= 31 (student activity pages), 3 (teacher instruction pages), 2 (Credits pages)