This cultural hands-on activity provides you with the tools to engage your students in research based reading and reinforces map skills as well. Students practice presentation skills and the final project becomes a colorful interactive bulletin board display where students can open shutter books and learn from their classmates’ research. The project works well for whole class instruction, enrichment, centers, or partner collaboration.
The file includes...
* Detailed lesson plan
* Common Core Standards for Grades 3 - 5
* “The Culture of a Country” recording sheet (color)
* “The Culture of a Country” recording sheet (black and white)
* Directions and illustrations for making a Foldable Shutter book (poster or sheet)
* Student Samples (For teacher and/or student reference)
* Grading Rubric for Foldable Project (includes student directions, teacher assessment, student self-evaluation)
* 9 Essential Question posters (including 1 blank)
* 16 Reading Skills mini posters (2 to a page)
* 1 colorful “Guidelines for Presentations” poster
* 1 black & white "Guidelines for Presentations" poster
* Definition of Culture poster
* 2 headers - “Cultural Features” and “Map Features”
* 5 Cultural Features mini posters including 1 blank (3 to a page) for your word wall
* 2 map feature mini posters (2 to a page) for your word wall
* 3 pages of website URLs to click on for culture research
* 1 page of book suggestions to teach culture, diversity, and self-awareness
* 11 pages of map outlines for students to trace (2 to a page)
* 1 world map outline for students to trace
PLEASE NOTE: This product is a part of a MULTICULTURAL BUNDLE that includes close reading, graphic organizers for critical thinking, comparing CINDERELLA stories and culture, dramatization, script writing, and more hands-on projects. There are over 7 lessons with several activities for group and individual work. More essential questions and skills are included. Click on the link below to check it out and save $ - 33%.
Cinderella, Culture and the Common Core: A Multicultural Fairytale Unit
HERE ARE THE OTHER RESOURCES INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLE ABOVE
Script Writing, Puppet Making, and Dramatization Project
Comparing Fairy Tales from Around the World, A Literary Adventure: CCSS Aligned
Discover the World Through Culture Scavenger Hunt:CCSS Aligned
Before, During, and After Reading: Analysis and Discussion: CCSS Aligned
Character Analysis for Close Reading: CCSS Aligned
It’s important to me that teachers are completely satisfied with their purchase!
If you have any question or concerns about this product please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also go to the Q and A section of my TPT store and leave a message
GREAT NEWS!! TPT now offers schools the ability to purchase resources for you.
Click on the “SCHOOLS” link above on this page (upper right).
EARNING TPT CREDITS
After purchasing and using this product you can earn TpT credits by leaving feedback. I love reading feedback and really appreciate the time you take to let me know how you used this resource with your students and what you loved best. To leave feedback and start earning TpT credits:
1. Go to your “My Purchases" and click on the Provide Feedback link.
2. Let us know how you used this product in your classroom and what you loved best!
Download the preview to see the full list of skills included and some sample pages.
DON’T MISS OUT
If you like this product, please visit Chrysti’s Class
to see more.
All new products are on sale the first 2 days after publishing. To find out about my new products, sales, freebies, and any product updates, click the star green ★ button at the top of my store page or when you download a free resource.