This project allows students to show their creativity and use their interest to create a presentation on a culture of their choice. Student can choose one of the following 9 options:
• Choreography: Teach and demonstrate a dance from a culture of their choice.
• Master Chef: Create a recipe book of six dishes that represent the diet of a culture.
• History Buff: What experiences have shaped a culture?
• Trendsetter: Model and describe the significance of clothing to a culture.
• Activity of choice with teacher approval.
• Masterpiece: Create a piece of art and describe the significance of that art style on a culture.
• Wordsmith: Explain how words or expressions have meaning with a culture. Teach the class words/expressions used within the culture.
• Genealogical Research: Interview a family member and trace your heritage. How did your family end up in the United States?
• Music Maestro: How does music influence a culture? Students can sing a song, compose music, or research how a genre diffused globally.
The document you will download includes the following:
• Directions to the project with a detailed breakdown of requirements.
• A section to include a breakdown on when each part of the project is due for peer review.
• A detailed rubric with a point value system.
• A section for you to make additional comments about the project as well as a section for the student to write a reflection.