Also included in
- U.S. History Part 2 Bundle comes with EVERY lesson and activity needed to teach U.S. History II for an ENTIRE YEAR at a discounted price! U.S. History Part 2 Bundle begins with Reconstruction and ends with the modern era. Not only will you save tons of time, but your students will love completing al$85.00$158.60Save $73.60
Are you looking for a fun way to review the culture of the 1920s and 1930s? Look no further! This Culture of the 1920s and 1930s Escape Room has everything you need! This escape room activity is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they have learned!
In this Culture of the 1920s and 1930s Escape Room students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the culture of the era when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete six challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
These escape room activities can be used to help students review famous artists, authors, and composers of the early twentieth century. People Included:
- Georgia O’Keeffe
- Scott Fitzgerald
- John Steinbeck
- Aaron Copland
- George Gershwin
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Decoding quotes from The Great Gatsby
- Solving puzzles of Georgia O’Keeffe paintings to reveal hidden codes
- Searching for hidden messages in an Of Mice and Men summary and songs written by Aaron Copland
- Determining the missing words from George Gershwin songs
- Watching a video clip of a George Gershwin song to answer questions
- Matching the historical figures to what they did to reveal a secret code
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Culture of the 1920s and 1930s Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia SOL USII.6c, but also covers most U.S. History standards related to the culture of the 1920s and 1930s.
What are other buyers saying?
“This is a great intro or review for units and will save me so much time! Thank you!!”
Don’t miss out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Culture of the 1920s and 1930s Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement in your classroom.
Want to save money?
This escape room is also included in the following bundles:
Other related resources that may interest you:
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post "Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room."
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).