Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.28 MB | 25 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RL.9-10.4. They will analyze the impact of word choices on meaning and tone. Students will think critically about how the cumulative effect of word choices evokes a sense of time, place, and
the relationship between characters. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 4 links to instructional videos or texts
• 1 link to practice quizzes or activities
• Definitions of key terms, such as tone and denotative meaning
• 1 assessment that includes one multiple choice question and two matching questions
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities to help your students explore the standard
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels