Use this package to teach how to Play the Cups in multiple creative ways.
- Encourage students to question how cups relate to music. How do cups make noise? How can they make music. Students can used attached graphic organiser to note their thoughts.
- Show a rhythm to play cups to and allow students to use their knowledge of rhythmic notation to create their own 4/4 2 bar rhythm using included graphic organiser.
- Included poster. This poster walks children step by step through playing Cup Song rhythms and actions. The poster includes words, images and rhythms have successfully guided children in confidently playing the cups with less reliance on one to one teacher instruction.
- Students can have a go at creating their own Cup Song poster using a graphic organiser that encourages them to create their own actions, rhythms and guiding words.
- Take advantage of the included activity suggestions. One explains how to use the cups to improvise or for composition inspiration.
- Alter the cups to create different sounds. Compare sounds and designs using an included graphic organiser.
- Students can put all their knowledge together and use an included graphic organiser to communicate their own composition. They are prompted to show action ideas, notation, and cup alterations. The graphic organisers are slightly differentiated to suit different needs of students.
- Finally student peer assessment and aural dictation graphic organisers are provided to wrap up the cup unit.
If you like this product, I welcome you to explore other products in my TpT store and encourage you to follow me to receive notifications on more products and upcoming sales.
My Store - Ribbons' Resources
Big thank you fellow TpT members who's services I found useful:
- The Clipart Graphics Guy - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/The-Clip-Art-Graphics-Guy
- Emily Wean Design - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Emily-Wean
- I'm Lovin' Lit - https://imlovinlit.com
- Krista Wallden, Creative Clips - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden-Creative-Clips